Parents, did you enjoy getting Easter baskets from the Easter Bunny? Did you have a tradition with the Easter basket in your family? A child has a large imagination and now it’s your turn to provide the basket to spark your child’s imagination!
A fun tradition you can start is to fill up their Easter basket with goodies and hide it somewhere in the house after they are asleep. Tell them the next morning “the Easter Bunny came to give you a basket full of gifts and hid it somewhere in this house! Go find it before it disappears!” For younger children (2-5) they will need the basket more visible and in reach. For older children (6+), you can make it hard. They love the challenge! Below are some hiding examples:
- Kitchen: On the counter top, in a cabinet, in the sink, behind the trash can, under the table, under chairs
- Laundry Room: inside washer or dryer, in a laundry basket
- Family Room, Under a table, on a bookcase, on a shelf, behind a couch, in the curtains
- Outside: In the yard, on a grill, on the roof, behind a tree, on a playground
- Bedroom/Bathroom: Behind the bed, under the sheets, in a closet, behind the toilet
- Garage: In a car, under the car
- Be creative!
The next important question is, what do you fill them with? Let’s look at a few ideas:
- Giant Chocolate Bunny
- Peeps (who doesn’t love peeps on Easter?!)
- Plastic Easter Eggs
- Fill with chocolate & candy
- Starburst Jelly Beans
- Gift Cards
- Hubba Bubba Gum
- Movie Tickets
- Melissa Doug toys (www.melissaanddoug.com)
- Arts & Craft Supplies
- Something your child has been begging you to buy
The last fun tradition everyone is familiar with are Easter egg hunts. Create your own hunt at home or find events holding an Easter egg hunt. Here, at Arcadia Kid’s Fun Museum, we will be having an exclusive member-only Easter egg hunt! Become a member HERE to participate in more exclusive events!
Whether it is coloring eggs, decorating / hiding / filling baskets or Easter egg hunts, always remember to have fun with it and spark your child’s imagination!